Prodigy® is the new industry standard for turbomachinery control platforms. Built upon 40 years of institutional knowledge and experience in controlling some of the most challenging turbomachinery trains in the world, Prodigy has been designed to reduce total lifecycle cost, optimize production throughput, and reduce maintenance costs. Prodigy is the platform you can trust for the most demanding processes where ease-of-use is a paramount requirement of operation and maintenance personnel.
Now Achilles Level 1 Certified for Robust Cyber Security Communications
The CCC Prodigy® platform now bears Level 1 certification from the GE Digital Achilles Communications Certification program. This recognition serves as your assurance that Prodigy meets high standards for your device’s industrial cyber security and that the platform helps prevent casual or coincidental violations of security.
Single platform for all your turbomachinery control needs
Prodigy is a highly scalable hardware platform that can be deployed as a simplex small I/O system for controlling auxiliary machines to a duplex large I/O system for controlling a gas turbine driven compressor. In addition to supporting the field-proven standard control applications, Prodigy also supports custom logic programming by user based on IEC 61131-3 standards. This eliminates the need to have a separate PLC for sequencing and auxiliary control purposes – simplifying the solution architecture and saving space. The following IEC 61131-3 programming language standards are supported:
- Ladder diagram (LD)
- Function block diagram (FBD)
- Structured text (ST)
- Instruction list (IL)
- Sequential function chart (SFC)
Built small, built tough
Prodigy has been designed to save space by integrating field termination assemblies (FTAs) into its compact 19 inch form factor. A full duplex chassis with 96 I/O channels has a similar footprint of a typical 22 inch widescreen monitor.
Prodigy has also been certified for installation in Class 1, Div 2 environment as well as carrying conformal coating to withstand Severity Class G3 environmental conditions.
Designed for maximum availability
Prodigy also has advanced functionalities that improves system availability and maintenance ease-of-use.
- Flexible switching: fully symmetrical modular redundancy at every level – from power supplies, communication, main processors, to I/O processors
- Self-learning: plug and play replacement of faulty card without the need to manually load configuration files
- Better diagnostics: Higher-resolution archiving with 1millisecond Sequence of Events (SoE) with event-triggered High Density Archiving
- Redundancy Options: Common chassis design for simplex and duplex systems
- Chassis Power Options: 18-32 Vdc (external power supplies to convert to 24Vdc)
- Chassis Dimensions (HxWxD): 13.50in (343mm) x 19.00in (483mm) x 7.75in (198mm)
- Communication Options:
Redundant Modbus RTU RS-422/RS-485 or
Redundant Modbus RTU over TCP via External Converter
- Operating Temperature Range: -4 degF to +131 degF (-20 degC to +55 degC)
(Partial list – Please refer to Agency Certifications for Prodigy Controllers for full details)
- GE Digital Achilles Communications Certification Level 1
- CSA and CE compliance
- Hazardous area classification:
USA: Class 1, Div 2 Groups A, B, C, D and T3
Canada: Class 1, Zone 2 Ex, nA nC IIC T3 Gc
European: ATEX II, 3, G, Ex, nA nC IIC T3 Gc
European: Community Directive 94/9/EC Group II, Category 3G
Each Prodigy control system can be loaded with up to 16 control applications.
- Expander Control
- Gas Turbine Control
- Variable Speed Coupler Control
- Speed Control
- Extraction Control
Driven Equipment & Process Controls
- Antisurge Control
- Performance Control
- S Control (Cold Recycle)
- Quench Control
- Simple PID Control
- Utility Turbine Control
- Logic Control (IEC 61131-3)