Upgrade to Vanguard S5P and enjoy decades of precise turbomachinery control service with your current Vanguard hardware.
Since 2000, the Series 5 Vanguard has been the industry standard for precision turbomachinery control. Now, with the introduction of the Vanguard S5P, your Vanguard system can provide decades of additional service. Vanguard S5P provides all the benefits and functionality of Prodigy using your existing Vanguard hardware, such as advanced control applications (anti-surge controls and load-sharing, gas and steam turbines, and extraction). A Windows-based TrainTools® package also comes standard with the Vanguard S5P to provide a comprehensive interface for plant operating, programming, and project engineering.
In addition, the Vanguard S5P provides Achilles Level 1 certification for robust cybersecurity and secure communications. This third-party recognition provides assurance that your Vanguard S5P system meets high standards for keeping your facility safe from casual or coincidental violations of security.
Fully Integrated Platform for Your Challenging Turbomachinery Control Needs
Vanguard S5P provides full system integration for all your turbomachinery needs. With its ability to link to your DCS, Pi® data system and auxiliary equipment, you have full monitoring capabilities for total train control.
In addition to supporting up to 576 I/O points, Vanguard can be programmed to run custom logic applications. This eliminates the need to have a separate PLC for sequencing and auxiliary control purposes, simplifying the solution architecture and integration work. The following IEC 61131-3 programming language standards are supported:
- Ladder diagram (LD)
- Function block diagram (FBD)
- Structured text (ST)
- Instruction list (IL)
- Sequential function chart (SFC)
Enhanced Redundancy and Diagnostics
Vanguard also has advanced functionality that improves system availability and maintenance ease-of-use.
- Flexible switching: Modular redundancy at every level – from power supplies, to main processors, to I/O processors
- Self-learning: Plug-and-play replacement of faulty card without the need to manually load configuration files
- Better diagnostics: Higher-resolution archiving with Sequence of Events (SoE)
Key Vanguard S5P Specifications
- Redundancy Options: Available to purchase in simplex or duplex chassis
- Chassis Power Options: Available to purchase in 100 to 240 Vac or 24 Vdc
- Chassis Dimensions (HxWxD):
Simplex: 12.25 in (310 mm) x 17.00 in (432 mm) x 12.00 in (300 mm)
Duplex: 12.25 in (310 mm) x 19.00 in (483 mm) x 12.00 in (300 mm)
- Communication Options:
Redundant Modbus RTU RS-422/RS-485 or
Redundant Modbus RTU over TCP via External Converter
- Operating Temperature Range: +32 deg. F. to +131 deg. F. (0 deg. C. to +55 deg. C.)
(Partial list – For full details please refer to Agency Certifications for Series 5 Vanguard Controllers)
- CSA and CE compliance
- Hazardous area classification (SureLink Remote I/O only):
USA: Class 1, Div. 2 Groups A, B, C, D and T3
Canada: Class 1, Zone 2 Group IIC and T3
Each Series 5 Vanguard control system can be loaded with up to 16 control applications.
- Expander Control
- Gas Turbine Control
- Speed Control
- Extraction Control
Driven Equipment & Process Controls
- Anti-Surge Control
- Performance Control
- S Control (Cold Recycle)
- Quench Control
- Simple PID Control
- Utility Turbine Control
- Logic Control (IEC 61131-3)
Contact us for more information on extending the life of your Vanguard hardware with S5P.